Wednesday, October 1, 2008

ADD or ADHD

I went to two broadway shows in 5 days. The shows were very entertaining. The Lion King more so than In The Heights. I have a problem sitting still long enough for shows. The last show Pierre and I went to I think it was called Radio Man, no Radio Golf, I couldn't sit for that either. What am I to do? In class, when the professors are lecturing I get on facebook and see who has changed their status or look at profiles and pictures of my 'friends'. I sit at the front of class too, I don't want to look like a slacker! I surf the internet, read blogs, send text messages and I take lecture notes as well. I'm really not a slacker! So ADD is attention and being able to focus on a task. ADHD is not just attenion but being still. Things that interest me hold my attention, at work I don't have a problem when I am teaching or monitoring students. Yet I could stay on the bed and lay there for hours at a time and do absouloutely nothing, but watch tv. I can't read a novel anymore. I took a test online and it's confirmed, because you simply must trust everything on the internet, I have mild ADHD. You can take the test yourself and tell me what you got http://psychcentral.com/addquiz.htm I scored 48.
So, for all you people that tell me to stop shaking my legs...I can't or at least not for long.

No comments: