Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Weight of My Plate

I know, my life should be easy becasue we don't have kids, we both work, we have no car problems, no babby-daddy/babby-mama drama, we are healthy, well my husband is healthy. I am relatively healthy, I'm not dying or anything, but you know I always have an ailment. I absouloutely hate that about myself. If I could change one thing....that would be it. I won't go into the parts that don't work like they should. My cousin Kelly and my husband will ask me the same question the minute I start groaning, "What's hurting you now?" It's funny, but true. I won't always have the same ailment in one week. Sometimes it'll be different things. At this moment it's my stomach. I ate a bagel, it was really good, and now I'm paying for it. That's the kind of things that let me know my life is not easy or charmed. I also despise it when people minimize my feelings. Not because my pain is not your pain means it's not pain. IT'S STILL PAIN. There are no degrees to emotional pain. This is starting to sound really like a complaint and I don't believe in complaining. So, I'll stop.

My cousins had their babies a day apart from each other. A boy...Ricardo Christian and a girl..Zara (I don't know her second name). My sister-in-law hasnt delivered to date, but she looks like she's about to pop any second. I hope she holds it until Novemebe 7th because I bid on that day.

Work is really hectic...you 'parents' are not always the nicest or friendliest of people when it comes to your kids. I had a parent tell me they expect not to be bothered at work about problems at school because that's why they are here...to learn. On the other end of the spectrum a parent thanked me for all the effort I put into making their child succeed. My advice ...if you trust your educator accept their input and implement their suggestions.

Grad school is just as hectic...I thought action resarch was going to be a breeze. I can't even get past the abstract or focus long enough on one thing to do research on it. At least I get a nice pay raise with the degree. Can anyone say Carnival 2k10!! 2k9 I'm still in the program.

My husband....he is great. I know, I know...I'm blessed. He wakes up in the middle of the night to get me any medicine I may need or tea if I have a cold. I try really hard to reciprocate. He won't cook, but when I come home from class there is always dinner. I have to make a conscious decision to reciprocate and he just does it without a second thought.

I know it's early, but I'm going to bed now, I had a tough day and I woke up early...goodnight.

No comments: