Last night I drove through Brooklyn NY with my left foot on the dash board and my hands are typing on my cell phone. I used my elbows to steer the wheel. HOW VERY UNSAFE. I'm going to break that very comfortable way of driving by 2009. I have to develop a plan for it so I can be successful. Let's see (see, this is why I really believe I have ADD. My thoughts are all over the place and I can't focus on one thing. That's what I should really work on and maybe we'll go see more Broadway shows) I can start by putting my foot up for a few minutes instead of the entire driving time. I'll let you know how that works.
Charmaine's Baby Shower
I couldn't figure out how to post the projects I worked on in June. So they aren't up. I haven't done the pictures, because I don't want my husband to keep saying I am always online. (Which I totally am, just like he's always watching TV!) When we go to Virginia Beach I will try to post them online. They must have Internet access at the beach! How else can you relax, if not to peruse the Internet while you are watching the waves. :) (do you see how easily I digress). The shower was great. My cousins really helped to make it a success. It's the best shower I have ever done. The games were awesome. Everyone hated the baby food and promptly dropped out of the race to eat all of the food. The winner threw-up the food on my aunt's front lawn. So, it was a hit. They talked about it for awhile. I wish I had my cousins there for every shower. Lisa and Kerrisha helped so much. They were just willing to help and did everything the exact way I would have done it. Even better!!! Charmaine cried at the gifts she got. I think it was the amount of love she felt from everyone that gave her and the baby a gift. She just boohooed at every damn thing. The amount of people that were expected to attend did not. I loved that. It was the perfect size. My aunt did the favors, hand poured candles. They looked very nice and not tacky at all. Nothing like the candles from the Dollar Store. They looked like the candles from a candle shop. OK now, I'm getting ready for the other shower. She said she wasn't going to bother and now she is. So, I'm back up to bat. I got the gifts for this shower already. I haven't figured out the games, they have to be new games my family hasn't played. I wouldn't want to keep going to showers and they are doing the same thing every time. I figured out the favors yesterday. Michelle had to do her own invitations because she can draw. I can only do stick figures and not really well. I think I have to change the favors actually so that it matches the theme of the shower. We're having a diaper themed shower.
Facebook
This is the real reason I started to blog this morning, and then I digressed. Now, I am focused. Facebook
I love facebook. I think it's because I get to keep in touch with so many people without bothering them. I know exactly what's going on with them, when I look at their wall and their 'what are you doing now'. Another reason is I stay in touch with family members that are not on my frequently dialed list on my cell phone. That has to count for something. Today is Oleander's birthday...I would not have remembered to call her to wish her a happy birthday, but facebook makes it a lot easier to let her know Pierre and I are thinking about her as she celebrates her birthday. Pierre, is not a fan of facebook. His term is 'crackbook'. He will look at albums and profile pics of family members. But nothing else. He'll look at pics, admire how some have grown and are maturing into the next stage in their life and move on. I read everything! Partly because it's something I can do while indulging in my favorite pastime...laying on the bed and doing absolutely nothing. I JUST LOVE DOING THAT. I can do that anywhere, anytime, anyplace and be very happy.
The End
I'm getting tired and its hot in this room. I have to go back to sleep now. I'll try to write more often. But, I have to sit up to type for my blog and that disturbs my favorite activity. However, in trying to be a better person that's more responsible I'm going to try to make it a priority.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment